Fractional CO2 laser treatment is the latest in anti-aging and skin improvement treatments. It is currently gaining popularity due to its delivery of striking results on eliminating scars, discoloration, and wrinkles. To know more about this treatment, here are the explanations to the most common questions about the fractional CO2 laser.
- How does it work? This treatment uses a carbon dioxide laser to assist in skin resurfacing. Essentially, this means that the old or outermost skin layer is removed or vaporized. After the outer skin is removed, new, younger-looking skin is revealed, without any dark spots or blemishes. It has the same results as chemical peel treatments and other dermal abrasion techniques. Other than skin resurfacing, this treatment also has a mild skin-tightening effect that eliminates wrinkles.
- What are the effects of fractional CO2 laser treatment? The results of this treatment vary from person to person, although most patients experience significant and noticeable improvement a few days after the treatment. Fractional CO2 laser is highly effective for freckles, dark spots, irregularities in texture, and skin laxity. Immediately after the treatment, expect that the area of the skin that underwent treatment would be pinkish or red from the rest of the skin. The skin will continue to heal and improve for the next six months and in some cases, the complete range of effects are not noticeable until 9 months after the treatment.
- How does it differ from other laser skin treatments? Compared with other treatments such as Fraxel Restore that also use a laser to eliminate wrinkles, CO2 lasers are more effective because they can penetrate the deeper layer of the skin. This also means that carbon dioxide lasers can eliminate deep wrinkles and severe acne scarring.
- Are there any side effects? The most common side effect of fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is redness and swelling for 1-2 days. After each session, patients are advised to follow a post-treatment procedure, such as taking pain medications, to deal with this side effect.
- How much does it cost? If you want to try fractional CO2 laser in Malaysia today, it would cost you less than a thousand ringgits. Patients opt for this procedure due to the number of benefits such as lasting for only 2-3 sessions, with 4-5 of downtime to allow the skin to heal.
Fractional CO2 laser treatments are very effective in making the skin firmer, healthier, and younger. This skin rejuvenating technique is best for wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes.