If you want to upgrade your skincare routine, do consider adding a serum to your lineup. Serums are lightweight moisturizers that contain active ingredients capable of penetrating deep into the skin. If you are trying to address specific problematic spots on your skin like wrinkles and age spots, serums are the perfect addition to your skincare routine. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to use them.
- Give yourself a thorough cleansing. This is especially important if you wear heavy makeup all day. Use an effective makeup remover before washing your face with a cleanser. Cold water can close up the pores and block the serum from penetrating your skin. Use lukewarm warm instead.
- Apply the serum while the skin is still damp. This is because damp skin is more absorbent. Apply 1 drop of the serum on your forehead, nose, chin and on each check. Use two fingertips to gently spread the serum all over your face then use your open palms to lightly tap the areas to promote better absorption.
- Wait for five minutes. Allow the serum to fully penetrate your skin before applying your regular moisturizer. Make sure that you apply serums first before moisturizing.
- Serums are highly concentrated. A little goes a long way.
- If the serums leave your skin feeling sticky or oily, it might be an indication that the serum is not well-formulated. Good quality serums have fast absorption rates.
- Instead of washing with lukewarm water, you can also apply a damp, hot towel on your face after cleansing to help open up the pores and prepare it for the serum application.
Upgrade Your Skincare Routine Today
Serums are probably the unsung champions of skincare. They are great if you’re trying to address specific problematic spots. Are you ready to experience what serums can do for you? You can buy Klairs skincare in Malaysia here and be amazed by its life-changing benefits.