Each individual’s hair type is different. Some individuals have extremely oily hair while others have extremely dry hair. No matter which hair type you have, you will need to use special methods to keep it clean and healthy to prevent hair loss. Hair loss is becoming a problem for many people today. However, you do not have to be afraid of losing your hair since there are many ways to prevent hair loss. The following information can be your solution to your hair loss.
Excess Sebum Can Cause Hair Loss
Sebum is important for the health of your hair. However, when you have too much sebum, your hair follicles can become clogged and produce dead skin cells. The follicles are the tubular home for your hair, and they begin underneath the skin. The sebum is secreted from a gland through the hair follicles. At different times in your life, you may produce more or less of this sebum. Too much sebum will cause your hair follicles to be unable to absorb the necessary nutrients that it needs to be healthy.
What Causes Hair Loss: DHT & Sebum
Sebum comes from the sebaceous glands of the skin. When the sebum travels through your hair follicles, it will eventually reach the surface of your skin. Then, it will make an acidic coating that can be beneficial to your hair and skin. This acidic coating causes a barrier to form on your scalp preventing your hair and skin from becoming contaminated with viruses and bacteria. This coating is necessary to help keep your scalp hydrated, but too much can cause your hair to become oily. The following steps can be taken to help keep your hair healthy.
- You can use a special lotion that will help to remove any excess sebum as well as any dead skin cells. This deep cleansing lotion will help remove the excess sebum which clogs your hair pores and prevents your hair from growing properly.
- You can relax with a scalp massage to help the blood circulation in the scalp area.
- A good herbal wash can help condition your scalp.
- When you take the steps to massage, condition and cleanse your scalp area, you are neutralizing any free radicals that may be causing your hair loss. Your hair follicle cells will be less prone to becoming damaged since your scalp will be able to absorb the nutrients it needs to grow.
- You should choose an herbal tonic that provides essential nutrients for your hair loss. After applying the herbal tonic, you will want to massage the scalp to help the nutrients absorb better and for the blood to circulate.
If you want healthy and beautiful hair, you will want to take the necessary steps to keep your hair follicles clean. Hair that produces the right amount of sebum will be healthier. On top of that, you need to ensure your hair scalp healthy. You can do that by undergoing comprehensive scalp treatment. Soon, you will see less hair loss when you follow a good and healthy hair care management regimen.